Drawing from experience, graduate studies, and hands-on training from the world-renowned Harvard Negotiating Project and Mennonite trainers, Tessendorf Consulting allows individuals and organizations to understand the conflicts they find themselves in, and to consider, plan and implement less costly ways to manage or even resolve those conflicts.
We have extensive experience mediating community and civil disputes as well as in negotiating complex business, community and non-profit transactions in the United States, South Africa, Haiti, Sierra Leone and Mozambique. Examples of these disputes include congregational, community/police relations, political events, local government services and elections, housing and educational conflicts as well as civil disputes.
Tessendorf Consulting can be called on to provide the following customized services to help parties to better manage or resolve their conflicts:
- Negotiation Training and Coaching
- Mediation Training
- Mediation (in person and online)
- Building Community Conflict Management models
- Facilitating Community Dialogues and Planning sessions.
- Presenting about Conflict Management at Conferences, Workshops and through Webinars.
- Creating a conflict management system for the Port Elizabeth Taxi Industry – South Africa
- Co-founding the Middle Georgia Community Mediation Center – USA
- Creating conflict management training materials – South Africa, Haiti and the USA
- Organizing 16 multi-party local peace committees in the Eastern Province – South Africa.
- Delivering negotiation and mediation training in South Africa, Haiti and the USA.